Sunday, April 02, 2006

Blog To Raise Awareness About Sexual Violence

Lelyons is hosting Blog to Raise Awareness About Sexual Violence on April 18th. Please consider participating. She's fostering a wide-ranging approach to subject matter:

I would be happy to see anything that isn’t silence. Which could mean something as simple as saying “I hate rape” or “I am a survivor of sexual violence” or “I stand with those who stand against sexual violence.” Just one sentence can be enough.

Through my own personal experience I know that once you reach the point of being tired of keeping your mouth shut it becomes more difficult to stay silent than to speak out. You might be surprised at just how easy speaking out can become. And empowering.


It's a very difficult subject to blog about, but we need as many voices to be raised as possible. If you want to participate, surf over to her blog and let her know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link!