Ghandi rules tagged me for the Six Weird Things meme.
So here goes. This is probably not a good time to do this-I'm sick, so I've lost what little inhibition I usually have about sharing.
1. I can never decide which jacket/coat/artic parka to wear. I've been like this since childhood, and it drives anyone around me to madness. Which coat I select involves consideration of current conditions (wet or dry, windy, cloudy or clear), current temperature, future conditions, future temperature, do I want to drag this coat around if it gets hot, and I hate being cold, so maybe I should wear something warmer. This deliberation happens every time of year except during the hottest part of summer. It happens even then if I'm going to be inside, because hey, a/c is cold! Oh, and the number of layers of clothing I'm wearing also comes into play, and interacts with all of the above. Did I mention that this decision-making process happens every time I leave the apartment? Even reading this should make you want to run screaming from the room.
2. I started wearing glasses at one year. Not one year ago, one-year old. It was right before my second birthday. If the doctors had their way, I would have started wearing glasses when I was 6 months old.
3. I'm a toucher. I have to explore things by touching, whether it's a book I'm interested in or an item in a museum. (The mastodon in Wisconsin feels really neat. Shhh!) I'm not grabby toward other people.
4. I feel better when things are put away. If I have to look at them, I keep thinking "That needs to be put away". But I'm lazy, so I tend to throw things anywhere. I build up giant messes, then frantically clean them.
5. If we went out to dinner, you'd be shocked at the number of foods that I have never tasted. I grew up on a small set of processed food items. So I've never tasted a raspberry, or a rutabaga, or even a radish. I want to try new foods, but holy moley it's scary.
6. Here's where I'm really going to test my readers. Before I tell you the sixth thing, I need to remind you that a) I am 36 years old, and b) I am a woman. OK? I think farts are funny. Not: they put a smile on my face, but: I laugh out loud when I hear one. I can't help it, they're just really funny.
I don't want to tag anyone specifically, because, you might end up revealing emabarrassing things about yourself (see #6). So if you're reading this, and you'd like to participate, you're tagged!
Here are the rules:
1. Reveal six weird facts/things/habits about yourself and then tag six people.
2. Leave a "You're Tagged!" comment to let the people you have tagged know they have to reveal six things (or the entire blogosphere will explode and it will be their fault).
3. Leave me a comment letting me know that you have completed your mission (if you have chosen to accept it!).