Friday, April 21, 2006

Pity Party Over!

Thanks very much to everyone's supportive comments on my last post.I'm still very disappointed about not getting the job. But I'm not in the same bad place as I was yesterday.

When I first heard the news, I was so upset I felt like I'd turned into wood:




As the day went on, and my pity party started to get out of hand, I puffed up with pity and turned strange colors:




I decided, this must stop! So I stopped thinking about my loss, and thought about the college's loss. I hate saying things that will seem arrogant, but I'm a great teacher. I really care about my students and I have a knack for getting them involved in the course. I also put in way too much time and effort on teaching. Overpreparing gets results every time.

So what will happen to the students I would have been working for?




Very sad, but it's too late now. No, I'm going to cut my losses and move on. I expect waves of nausea to hit me occasionally, as I remember "I didn't get the job." But the pity party is over. I'm back, and I'm ready to kick ass!


*shudder* This image is so sweet it makes my teeth hurt and my stomach clench with disgust. Or maybe my jaws clench and my stomach tightens. Whatever.

No this isn't me. Please disregard this picture.


This is me:


I'm fascinated with this picture. It's called "Kicking Ass" but I think it would be more appropriate to call it "Kicking Horse". Ah, I'm caught up in the details again.

Bottom line, I'm ready to start fighting again. Kickin' ass and not taking names! I can't remember names. "Elephants never forget" is a Republican conspiracy.

Woo-hoo, there's work to do.

8 comments:

Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) from a krazy blogger down under in New Zealand. Get off oyur arse and get out there & kick arse or you might end up with a memory blockage at both ends - upstairs & downstairs !!! (hehe)

J.R. Kinnard said...

Well said! Now you may assume your usual role; making me feel better about things!

Mary said...

mmmm..ass-kicking...

L said...

Good to hear! I'm sure there's someone out there that would love to have you kick their ass. But then that's probably not the kind of work you're looking for. Glad you're feeling cheered up, you'll convince the nitwits in administration somewhere to hire you yet.

Madame D said...

HA! I agree with TNG. We should go find the people who WANT us to kick their asses.
I'm guessing there's some good money in that, and I have YEARS of repressed issues that could do with a good workout.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

love your bouncy backness.

manxome said...

Yay, SE, for keeping the pity short and kicking horse! They lost out, and you saved yourself years of what surely would have been a slow torture from the institution.

spotted elephant said...

OK, I backslid today, and started feeling very sad. But I'm over it. And with the perspective Manxome gave-I'm positively relieved to not be selected!