Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Brain Malfunction

I took this post down and edited it because the first version bothered me. I don't know if I'm going to be active in blogging or reading blogs for the next little while. I'm having health problems, but what's most upsetting is that I'm so foggy/fuzzy/whatever the opposite of clear-headed is. I can't write worth anything right now (have to re-type sentences repeatedly to be able to say what I want to say), and much, much worse, I'm having trouble reading. That's just unacceptable. I've been to many of your blogs, and I just can't process what you're saying. This situation is making me very cranky.

This fogginess has been cycling-some days are really bad, and then some days I can actually read for at least a little while. So I might not end up taking any break at all, just end up lying low when it's really bad, like today.

I want to end on a good note. Here are some pictures of beings and things that make me happy.


HAPPINESS IS:



Andrea Dworkin




the Kentia/Sentry palm




Lithobid, a non-nauseating form of lithium
(note: It doesn't induce happiness. Not being suicidal = happiness.)



Yellow, the most wonderful color



IMO, moose are one of the most under-appreciated animals.



Blogging Friends



This picture is a joke. Do you get why it's included?
(Unfortunately, it requires a knowledge of American pop culture.)

18 comments:

noncommon said...

i don't know enough pop culture - typical of me, though. hey, i hope that things are turning up for you. and i love the pictures you posted. feel better my friend.

L said...

I know why you included it but thanks to J.R. I can't get the image of him with his hand up Einstein's butt out of my mind.

Don't forget to include the other option as to why you're not processing what we're all writing -- maybe we're just not making any sense.

Sorry you're not feeling well. Take it easy.

Madame D said...

Feeling fuzzy sucks ass.
And I think moose are adorable.
A bit slow on the uptake, but still cute.
Now, I must go find my copy of "If you give a moose a muffin".

C-Nihilist said...

Take care, SE.

Kim said...

That last picture is A BUMBLE!

(From the claymated American classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!)

We love you, SE.
Please don't go away completely.
When you feel better -- and you WILL FEEL BETTER -- your audience, if you want it, will still be here!

Heart said...

Hey, spotted elephant, your fuzziness sure doesn't show! I was just marveling in your racism thread at how good your comments were.

Maybe a good sleep, some good chocolate, and some brainless but good movies?

Hugs to you,
Heart/Cheryl

Sally said...

Spotted Elephant,
We are thinking of you and keeping you safe in our blogging hearts.

noncommon said...

again, i hope you are feeling better. know that we're pulling for you. much blogging love!

Blue House Studio World HQ said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling poorly. You have been so wonderfully supportive of me, please let me know if there is anything I might do.

I thought the last one was the abominable snowman from Rudolph, but is I am not sure if that is correct.

I hope you feel better soon.
Big hug unless that is too forward and you do not like strangers in your personal space. Oh, that would be my issue.

Blue House Studio World HQ said...

p.s. I posted a picture for you at my place.

hexy said...

Oh, I hate the fuzzy headedness. Not being able to read properly is the worst thing in the world. I hope it settles down soon. *hug*

Let us know if you want mindless, easy for the brain to digest things sent to you. I find it helps with the frustration if you can at least put SOMETHING in your head.

Good luck with the de-misting of the cranium.

deviousdiva said...

Take care. Thinking of you

la somnambule said...

Take it easy - I hope time off helps xx

brownfemipower said...

hey spotted...

i think heart is right, i never would have guessed at all that you were having fuzzy moments...take care of yourself, ok?

oh, and thanks for the dworkin picture!!! it's nice to finally see who is causing all this debate!!!

:-)

nubian said...

take care....

QuakerDave said...

Whatever the blogging version of a big hug might be, here comes one.

Hang in there. If it helps, this post made me grin out loud. We'll all be thinking about you.

some girl said...

I'm not an American, so I don't have a freakin' clue what that white monster thingy is, but it kinda resembles me when I'm cranky and underfed.

Rest up and indulge, woncha? :)

SUEB0B said...

I hope it all straightens out soon. I will be thinking of you.